Alkemia Perfumes - Krampus


continuing with my advent scent-lendar, i was elated that my gift to myself today turned out to be Alkemia Perfumes' seasonal winter scent Krampus (A dark smudge of holiday naughtiness…. well worn leather whips and smouldering black coal.)

i've been searching for a good confident 'badass' scent to wear lately with my leather jacket and boots, and i couldn't believe my nose when i first smelled this, because it was so simple and yet so perfect.

in the bottle and on my skin, Krampus is true to its notes - the leather in here is a dark, almost scandalous one, nothing like the warm leather of a lady's handbag or the worn leather of horse-riding.  it's sultrily confident, a leather that has seen some things and is proud of it.

and the coals, oh my, this is bottled essence of smoke so dirty that it wants you to call it a bad girl and give it a spanking. there's a slight edge here that reminds me of barbeque briquettes, but the rest of it is an untamable smokiness that just amps the cool factor of the leather so much more.

i'm usually very hesitant to pair scents with characters because i keep thinking, "what if there's something that matches better that i haven't tried?" and when it comes to characters that i really love, i'm even more particular because the association cannot be anything short of perfection.

so you know i'm deadly serious when i say that when i first wore Krampus, i immediately felt like it was an absolutely spot-on match for Mazikeen from the television series Lucifer - my favourite character in the show: a totally badass demon, the best torturer that hell's ever seen, clad in skintight leather and able to deal with anything the world throws at her. i didn't just feel like a badass, i felt ultra cool, being naughty this season and completely reveling in it.

honestly with how much i loved the scent, i would have been willing to overlook a low throw or longevity, but when i found that it had a moderate throw of more than a foot and lasted for about five hours on my skin, it was more than enough to completely leave me head over heels for it.

i was so crushed that Alkemia Perfumes doesn't have Krampus available in their seasonal winter catalogue this year, because i would have immediately bought a full-size if it was. i'm crossing my fingers really tight and hoping that i can get it next year (or even the year after) as i really, really, really love this one. 

9.5/10 - i couldn't believe it myself, but i think i've just found my second ever holy grail scent that i absolutely can't do without.

==

this review is of a product that i had purchased secondhand with my own money. i wasn’t asked to review this as a condition of receipt and didn’t receive any incentives for writing this. i’m not affiliated with Alkemia Perfumes, and as always, all opinions remain my own.

Alkemia Perfumes' website is available here.

all information correct at time of publishing.

Comments