Highland Park - Spirit of the Bear (bottlekill)


feels like just yesterday that i popped open my Highland Park Spirit of the Bear for the first time

i confess that i had passed it over for other pours many times i opened my whisky cupboard after that, though i'm glad to finally able to chalk this one up as another successful bottlekill.

i'm really excited at being able to reuse the gorgeous bottle, as it's by far one of the prettiest in my collection with its ornate designs. i'm considering using this for my solera, though it wouldn't be out of place as a water jug or flower vase either.

while Spirit of the Bear is quite an easy to drink whisky, i don't really see myself repurchasing this particular one in the future -  this was a pretty muted whisky that couldn't live up to the ambitious claim of "smoky & bold" on the box, and struggled among the other fine company in my whisky cupboard. i suppose that's how it ended up being passed over and gathering dust whenever i was in the mood for a dram or two.

that said, i'm sure it definitely isn't representative of the brand as a whole, and i may try out a different Highland Park next time.

==

this review is of a product that i had purchased at regular price with my own money. i wasn’t asked to review this as a condition of purchase and didn’t receive any incentives for writing this. i’m not affiliated with Highland Park, and as always, all opinions remain my own.

all information correct at time of publishing.

Comments